View Single Post
Old 2002-12-13, 03:52 PM   #11
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Either way, if you're not competitive (and you won't be your first time out... shit, I've been doing this for like 3 years and I'm still slow!) people will usually go out of their way to help you learn. If we all go together, then we can do some ride-alongs to help everyone get a feel for driving fast in small spaces.
Believe him when he says that he's still slow. :wink: When you take that "SLOW DOWN" advice, the thing to specifically remember is to slow down *entering* most corners, especially with a car like the WRX that understeers like a bitch... cause once you come into a turn hot and start understeering it won't stop until you're completely out of the corner. The crowd watching you will be covering their ears trying to keep out the sound of your over-worked front tires screeching their lives away as you plow all the way through. The way to nail down fast times on most auto-x courses is to enter the turns a little slower than you think you should and take a slightly late apex, so you straighten out the exit a bit and get a good boost down the next straight.