Thread: iRacing.com
View Single Post
Old 2010-05-06, 10:14 AM   #19
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

iRacing's latest update added the Phillip Island circuit (Melbourne, Australia) and the Ford Falcon V8 SuperCar. Holy fucking shit that car is fun to drive! It's really like a Cup car on a road course... drives like a big tail-happy boat. Needs lots of planning ahead to drive fast... and braking takes forever. But goddam it's fun to drive!

And since I just got my C-class license, I'm eligible to drive in the newly created iRacing V8 SuperCar series, but I'm just not very good with the car. Practice sessions are a blast hustling around in traffic, but I'm well off a competitive pace. I think I'll be much more competitive in the Star Mazda series that's also C-class. Those cars are a ton of fun to, but in exactly the opposite way the V8 cars are.

Along with the Aussie car and track, they also added some servers in Sydney. So the Australian folks can finally run w/o the 400ms pings to Boston. They really need to add European and West Coast US servers too. But then I'd never end up on a server w/ 20 french guys like I did yesterday. Turns out my years of high school french are literally useless.