Thread: This Anybody?
View Single Post
Old 2005-12-11, 11:57 PM   #57
sp00ln
EJ205

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
Your intentional ignorance of the risks you take, and more importantly force other people to take by your actions, is astounding.
Im not forcing anyone to do anything. Im just questioning what you have against racing on a public road. Even if there's a 0% chance of you endangering someone else.

I agree with all of you guys when you say its dangerous and that there are inherent risks involved, but it goes the same for the track. Yes, it is an added bonus if ambulances are standing by though.

I dont know, I'll drop the sore spot. And sorry for smart remark. I dont know. I just dont feel anyone should judge somone by whether or not they street race. If someone feels to put their life at a greater risk for 8 seconds, then thats their choice. People do it all the time - snowboarding/skiing, skydiving, cliff jumping, football, gymnastics, track drag racing, road racing, etc. Do you guys do none of these things?

However, I tend to believe I'm not outnumbered on this board when it comes to who street races and who doesn't.

And the legality of it - I bet I'm more legal most of the time than most of the people on this board. Sure I tend to speed sometimes in competition against another motor-vehicle, but I still run smog legal. I have a working CAT and I've never removed a cat and not replaced it with another functioning cat. Most of the people on this board would be fined.

As far as this group of motor enthusiast goes, I have the highest respect for you guys. You're well organized, nationally recognized and have a group of SMART people. Even though you guys play it by the books a little too much, I still like ya. I guess that's why I hang around here even though I'm not really wanted.

And shame on you cody for deleting your post where you questioned my sanity.