View Single Post
Old 2011-12-07, 02:21 PM   #9
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

to piggy back on a what's wrong with my power steering thread,

anyone have a clue what's wrong with mine?

If i turn the wheel a lot to the right (a full rotation) after straightening my steering wheel , it tries to go right (if you let go of the wheel it turns a bit to the right) and there's a constant "tug" trying to turn the steering wheel.

If i then turn a full rotation left, after i straighten my wheel , it tries go to left.

Usually this happened in parking lots , and once the steering Wants to go a certain direction that pull seems to stay until the next time i can turn the steering wheel a lot to the other direction. so if i cause it directly be hopping on the freeway i'm stuck with it for a while.

It happens during rallies, and it sucks.

My car was doing this on the old rack (original 93 FWD steering rack) we switched to a remanufacturered RS steering rack mid season this year, but the problem is unchanged.

My power steering lines Are currently leaking . I'm on a 99 RS 2.5 power steering pump which does not make any noises.. could leaking lines be causing my problem?

has anyone ever heard of that problem? I was thinking it was my old steering rack (which was also leaking pretty bad) but we've changed racks ...

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote