Old 2005-03-22, 11:47 AM   #17
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt
Thanks to the answers of what all wheel drive really is, I wasn't too sure what it was before the explanations. At least I had a good concept. Thanks for the welcomes, I look forward to eventually seeing some of you at the events. I'm in Reno, NV so I'll be based at events there.
Also does anyone know how to permanently "clear up" clear plastic to make it perfectly clear (like the new headlamps)? I've heard of people sanding down the lamp casing to just take off the top layer, and I've tried the Meguiars clear plastic cleaner, but I'm looking for something that lasts longer. A lot longer. And oldie Subaru Legacy owners I look forward to see your vintage rides. I believe that "vintage" is the best word for Subarus like mine. Things only get better with age, like fine wine.
There are two ways old plastic headlamps get foggy... one is pitting, the other is yellowing. For pitting, you can use a multi-stage sanding procedure where you start with a 1000 grit sand paper and get finer untill you're using plastic polish to take out the pits and scratches. But for the yellowing, I don't think there's anything you can do, because the plasitic itself has changed opacity due to UV light... i.e. the plastic has chemically changed. In that case, you might be able to get some new lenses... but if they're like the SVX you'll only be able to order complete lights, and not just the lenses.