Old 2013-01-02, 09:57 AM   #7
rory_a
EJ251

Car: Miata, shit.
Class: Out Classed

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
I don't want a Chevy, and I'd punch myself in the balls before I own a Dodge. No matter how awesome the Cumins/Allison combos are... they're still surrounded by a Dodge.
Isn't the Cummins/Allison combo incredibly rare, like a couple thousand produced in the 2004 or 2005 range? And most were likely all bought by light-duty haulers/transporters because of the added option cost, so mileage will likely be in the half million range (complete guess, but considering how many miles those guys rack up...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPREZIV View Post
I know you said you don't want a Chevy, but I REALLY love my dad's Duramax...
If it were me, I'd struggle to go with a Chevy/GMC simply because of the IFS. I know it's as strong, competent, etc., and apparentlyoffers a better ride (typically because the few I've ridden in/driven of each have been levelled or on a decent 6"), but I think I'd still have to go Ford/Dodge for the solid axle just cause. And despite my dad's 2005 Dodge 1500 (which was mine) holding up well, feeling solid as new, and mechanically sound at just under 100k, I'd probably have to go Ford because every other recent Dodge/Chrysler product is basically a piece of garbage aside from the four-door Rubi Wrangler and 2011+ Grand Cherokee - and neither of those are worth the money.
rory_a is offline   Reply With Quote