View Single Post
Old 2005-03-24, 11:57 PM   #48
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

ALL YOU FUCKING PIGS..... MARCH!!!!!

The concert fucking rocked! Only two gripes: the opening act should have been lynched.... and there was no encore, just a single 90 minute set!

Set list, as best as I can remember it... I'm sure I forgot one or two songs, and messed up the order somewhere... (* = song off the new album)...

Love is Not Enough*
March of the Pigs / All the Pigs All Lined Up
Piggy
Reptile
some new song*
The Line Begins To Blur*
Terrible Lie
Closer
Burn
Wish
Suck
Starfuckers Inc.
Hurt
The Hand That Feeds*
Head Like a Hole

The bassist fucked up Starfuckers Inc. He came in a half a measure too late during one of the break-downs, so when Trent started singing, the bass line was wrong. Trent started laughing at the bassist and told the crowd "it's only the second show"... It worked out okay since the crowd just sang the lyrics the whole time and Trent picked it back up... "DONT YOU! DONT YOU! DONT YOU!"

About halfway through the show I went down to the floor and tried to get into the shit, but it was actually pretty calm... at least as far in as I got. I'm sure it was more hectic at the rail.

Anyway... I had a fun time. I'll probably go to one of the bigger shows in the Fall. I guess Trent was worried that no one was into NIN since the last tour/album was 5 years ago... so he only wanted to play small venues. But since just about every seat for every show between now and August is already sold out, worldwide... I guess they're adding a second tour in the Fall at some larger venues, so hopfully I can make one of those and hear some more stuff off The Fragile, since that's the tour I missed.