Thread: Brake Bleeeed
View Single Post
Old 2005-11-17, 07:13 PM   #25
Ezdno
EJ251

Car: 1992 F250 1T Monster
Class: none

They were all dead when I got here!

Well, I couldn't wait until Sunday to have my brakes checked, I was flying to work this morning about 8am and had a near miss with a Durango. They went from squishy straight to the floor. That was quite exciting I might add. They had pressure when I first pressed them then the pressure just bled off. No leaks, and even with pumping they would not stay pressureized. So I called the place I bought the car from and let them know, since its covered by warranty from them I took it back so they could check it out.

I told them the problem, which the mechanic there said immediately, I don't think its just air in the lines, sounds like a master cylinder to me. So he replaced the master cylinder and replaced the fluid and bled the lines. I picked it up about 6:30pm its amazing how fast you can stop when you have immediate response.

Any way, Cody I will still help you on Sunday, I just need to know where and when. I probably won't need the blue right away, but I will be looking for an after market Master cylinder, since I know the new one is from Napa, and the brake fluid is Auto Zone Heavy Duty. But hey I didn't have to pay for it and hehe...it is nice to stop!