Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinr
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAN SUVS
That claims that the STi has active front and rear diffs... first I've heard.

The way the DCCD works in Auto mode is it sits at 50/50 torque split until it senses lateral acceleration, which can also be called yaw. The more lateral force, the farther rearward the torque split goes, maxing at 65/35 rear/front.
The owners manual says that in "Auto" the car stays at 35/ 65 (front/ rear) most of the time and then alters that depending on circumstance. I would imagine that when the car senses excessive yaw while comming out of a corner it transfers torque forward which would help pull the car out of the corner instead of transfering it backwards where it could possibly lead to more rear wheel spin/slip.
Transferring torque forward while turning in an AWD car is counterproductive. It would create yet more further understeer by increasing the load on the front tires. Anyways, check it again. I'm almost positive that it's 50/50 transferring to 65/35 as needed.

Also, every other manual transmission Subaru currently sold is 50/50 all the time but doesn't have a locking center diff.