Old 2011-08-19, 12:33 PM   #11
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
It seems like any criticism, no matter how constructive, results in you insulting me. Maybe I should learn not to criticize you? Are you trying to teach me that I'm not welcome to post in any thread you've posted in if I've got anything critical to say? 'Cause that's probably not going to be a lesson I'm likely to learn by being insulted.
your first post in this thread did contain a few bits that were constructive. but 4 paragraphs just to get "needing to attract people from outside of the scca , and your car is not a good cosmetic example". i think it could have been a bit more pithy

and maybe thrown in a "and btw, while your Autocross results do indeed show that you can rally cross your autocross car and its performance won't suffer... but given your car's cosmetic situation you may want to find a different example, as some people may assume you did all that damage, just rally crossing.

BTW, here is what my STI looked like when it had 2 autoXs and half way through its 2nd rally cross:

wow, my car Used to look good i think even the roof paint looks darker in that picture. i guess 5 years of parking outside, some 300+ trips to ski resorts, driving random dirt roads, rally recce , and rally crossing have sure taken their toll.

Tim ,Heather, and Garth are autocrossers who all have some interest in rallyx. so while asking autocrossers is not in generally going to get many people. it might get a handful. (Garth is going to try to show up one of the 2 days, if work doesn't bog him down)

Also i would think a "subaru enthusiast" club is a great place to scout for people interested in a type of auto racing that subarus excel at. not all of our members autocross, and some of them don't autocross their subarus. Debbie has an outback she does not autocross, for example, does she want to risk paint chips I have no clue, probably not, but if i don't ask/invite i'll never know.

In hind sight instead of posting here, making some cheesy flyer and asking a bunch of Napa and Kragen type stores if i can put up the flyers (and maybe a pick n pull) might attract the type of people i need

also maybe video game stores (16-22 year olds buying Dirt3 and what not )

Where do you think a flyer would be the most successful

Should i make the flyer in a way where there's a part that is removable with basic information ? where to go, when to be there by? or do you think someone interested will take the time to write it down / type it into their phone?

Last edited by A1337STI; 2011-08-19 at 12:47 PM.
A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote