Old 2011-08-29, 08:19 PM   #13
rubberbiscuitt
EJ22

Car: L

just push the brake pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Sorry, I have to derail this thread.

Alex, I like you and I really respect how well you are doing, but at some point you are going to have to step up your support equipment to the level of your competition and stop relying on the kindness of others to get you home.

Bragging that you were the only one in X years to drive to an event, win overall and drive home is not really that great of an accomplishment. Winning overall is, but driving to and from and relying on all the tools, spares, and help of others is not.

IMHO you need to seriously consider having your own rig and trailer full of all the equipment, spares, etc. equal to your level of performance.

At some point, it will be kind of like the boy who cried wolf and people will just stop wanting to help you. I can only go by what you have posted about your past events, but you appear to be much more of a burden to the Rally community than a contributor to it. That was fine when you were a noob, but you are not any more. Maybe I am completely wrong and half the cars competing finish with the spares out of your trunk, but I kind of doubt it.

If money is tight, you could probably get a rig, trailer and some spares for what your STI is worth.
Internet arguments are lame. That is the most cowardly call out I've ever seen or heard. Dude you are such a chicken crap of a man to step on Alex like that. Seriously how do you come up with that bunk?

Not to keep a really awesome internet fire going, but you've clearly never asked for anything from him. Alex is the first to reciprocate a favor. Alex didn't mention he found a 02-05 wrx transmission for that burke guy 3 days after getting home from the loaned coilover. Not bad for a quick turn around on a favor.