Old 2006-01-12, 12:45 PM   #80
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleurx
I think we should all leave the cars alone or all agree on an exact same setup. Just changing the tires to RSS from RH gains an easy 1.5 seconds for me.

I didn't check the sector times. I'll take a pic this weekend. For it to be a fair challange let's leave it at the stock car you get in arcarde mode with RSS tires.
The problem with "leave it alone" is that we can't police it. Arcade mode is already *very* limited on the setup changes... if everyone adds max HP and reduces to min weight (which I'm sure everyone will do) then we will be exactly the same, unless someone want's a slightly different gear ratio, or harder tires for some reason.

Frankly, I'd much rather run "open" events in simulation mode where we have access to all the settings changes, but then it stops being a "single car challenge" and becomes a whole lot more like real racing where setup, tires, and machine condition are important. If we really want to run driver-vs-driver challenges, we have to stick to arcade mode... and if that's the case, we might as well allow people to do anything arcade mode allows, since we'll all be doing the same stuff: +20% hp, -10% weight, RSS/RSS tires, and gearing to match the track. To me that's the most policeable and fair... the only difference is that people will be running a bit faster than the defaults.