View Single Post
Old 2006-12-07, 05:49 PM   #392
Joeyy
i can has kart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody
Yah, I don't imagine driving in snow is a very pleasent experience with the coilovers. You're car should be even harder to beat with the HP/spool increase. You're getting exhaust and tuning right? What are you doing to the brakes?

The only new things I've done to my car is Group-N motor/tranny mounts, a short shifter with bushings, and I had just installed the adjustable rear sway before the last autoX. I was really happy with how my car felt when I went to RFR for that free day not too long back. So my car is really kind of where I always wanted it. It's somewhat competitive at ESP but it's also a great daily driver and really the reason I bought a Suby was to get to the snow...and it still does that quite well.
Well, I'm doing more now that I've put some thought into it. I'm also going to change the up pipe, air cleaner and intercooler. The stock brakes really held me back in the second half of the season. The pads are a must (brand and type still pending), brake lines and fluid change. I'm also going to put bleaders on so I can maintain the system better. This overtme check is going towards the harness bar. No I'll be able to be able to use my left foot better for braking and not just holding myself in my seat.

I'll either run race tires or get a new set of Falkens. I could probably run with last years tires for a few events but the old tires are just getting harder and harder (heat cycles kill). Toyo is coming out with a new race tire and I may look into it but I still may not wont to give up that T modifier. I may test a little in the first two events and run a race tire if a sponsor can help.

Your job is to keep all four tires on your car and be around for next season to push Nick and myself. The only low point in last season was not having the yellow cheese wagon around for all the events. The times when all three of use were at the events were the best!.. Plus, when all three of us are around at the same time we put on a good show.
Joeyy is offline   Reply With Quote