The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklesplitter View Post
It is a blatant copy of the Prova A/O Separator with an extra input line added:
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-inst...separator.html

The extra line input makes it superior to the Prova in that it has inputs from both the crankcase and the valve covers. I personally would be skeptical that turning the oil filler tube into the equivalent of a catch can that drains back to the driver-side valve cover is equal to systems by Element Tuning, Crawford, and Pro-Vent, but maybe.
Okay, now I'm confused... it looks like there's one input from the crank, and one from each head. But if the AOS doesn't breath to the intake or to atmosphere, how can it work? You can't just connect the valve breather back to itself, or it's not breathing anything. I also wouldn't want the crank pressure blowing into one of the heads either.

Shouldn't an AOS act like a catch-can that takes oil out of the blow-by gasses to drain back to the pan and then either release the oil-less gas to atmosphere or send it back to the intake to be burnt?

We've pounded on this topic quite a bit already... especially here.

Are we missing something about how this stuff works, because I'd be concerned running this AOS on anything that might have significant crank pressure from blow-by or anything that's going to see significant lateral Gs.