Thread: Forum Rules
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-05, 10:48 AM   #16
Brandong
EJ22

Car: 2007 Sleeper......thats not really a sleeper.......

It is an unfortunate happening but they are good guys and will get it up and running as fast as they can. Hopefully my turbo is ok (hta fp red ball bearing) which we think it's fine. Other than that replacing an oil pump and other pumps is not that big of a deal compared to the pistons, rods, and turbo. Not to meantion re-machining the engine. But we think it is not that extensive. Luckily the majority of supporting parts that totaled around 12k are not damageable by lack of oil. But if my turbo and internals are f'd then the bill could be quite close to half of the total cost of the build.............However I'm thinking positive as are my builders and it's not likely that is the case. My car didn't seize up or anything like that and there was no "knocking" noises. All that happened was my oil pressure gauge kept dropping to zero and the engine was cutting out. I made it to work, (about 4 miles at very low rpm) parked it, towed it to their spot and they have been taking it apart ever since. Fingers crossed guys!