View Single Post
Old 2013-11-19, 04:45 PM   #24
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Wait, so you go and start this thread, and I'm the self-righteous Sheriff of Nottingham? Maybe I forgot the part of the story where Robin Hood was somewhere between a sarcastic jokester (at best) or a smarmy, ill intending, douchebag (at worst).

And this...

Quote:
Yes I do apologize Sperry you're right.....but I apologize for a different reason entirely. You see if your intentions are aligned with playful or good intent then you never have anything to apologize for when the offended party is operating from an emotional, egotistical, and defensive state of mind.
...is patently false. First, if you truly don't intend to offend, and accidentally do (even if the person offended is operating in a poor state of mind), then of course you should apologize. (Clearly you're not married.) It's one thing to make an offensive joke on purpose, knowing you're being offensive. But only an utter douche would make a good-humored joke (not that your joke was at all good humored as you seem to argue it was), accidentally offend someone, then blame them for being offended. And for the record, it's not me you should be apologizing to, it's Dean, the guy you went off the rails to specifically call out, simply for not replying to your post soon enough.

Now certainly, running this forum doesn't make me right all the time. But in this case, I'm absolutely, positively, 100% sure you were being a butthurt whiner that's since been backpedaling about how you were "just joking around". The line of nonsense you've been trying to feed me is from some unbelievable alternate reality.

I mean seriously... this may be the most ironic statement ever posted on this forum:

Quote:
I apologize for you taking what I said the wrong way not for what my intentions said. You see the problem with the world today is everyone wants to blame someone else instead of looking to themselves as to how they could've been at fault.
You blame me for taking your statements at face value, then in the next sentence spout off about how people need to stop blaming other people and look inwards at how they could be at fault? Are you kidding me? Does your brain hurt from the mental gymnastics you must have to do to keep that sort of doublethink from causing an aneurism?

Try taking this next statement with "positive energy" and without "reacting defensively": just drop it. Consider this issue over and done with, and move on. I know I'm tired of replying to this silliness. At the very least, please send me a PM if you'd like to discuss it further.