Thread: Free Track Day?
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-19, 08:38 AM   #18
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Alright, here's the deal...talked to Mike and basically, they just want to get cars out there for the story KOLO is doing. He thinks they'll probably have an advanced and a beginner run group. The beginner run group will be very structured with some instructors available to drive your car or to ride along with you. It will basically be a "follow the leader" (instructor) format though. The advanced run group will be "less structured" though. To run in the advanced group, you'll need to show that you’re experienced, and having a "race" license will help.

I asked about the rollbar, and you do need one. He mentioned the Z3's are ok because of the factory roll over protection but neither of us knows about S2000’s. It’s a track requirement.

The normal RFR requirement that you have some form of race license will not apply to the beginners out there. You don’t need one. You will, of course, need a helmet though. He said RFR has a few old ones, but it doesn’t sound like showing up without a helmet will be a safe bet. I’m going to finally pick one up from Summit probably. He said if you talk to Rhonda at Summit about the Pro-Control Academy discount, she’ll hook you up. He said the discount varies depending on what helmet you want.

Passengers and co-drivers with a helmet are allowed as long as they are experienced racers or otherwise mature and responsible individuals (I’m paraphrasing).

If you’re interested, you’ll need to show up prior to 10am but he suggested you be there by 9 or 9:30 to get set up and organized.

Please post up here if you intend to go as Mike asked me to let him know how many of us will be coming.

I’m going. Hopefully I’ll score an instructor and be allowed to run advanced.

Last edited by cody; 2006-10-19 at 08:45 AM. Reason: punctuation
cody is offline   Reply With Quote