View Single Post
Old 2003-06-30, 04:35 PM   #6
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Scott - you have a great idea -- and I'd love to help work through more ideas along these lines.

One thing for you all to know, traditionally reno scca has a barbecue following the Boreal event. The charge has been in the $5-$10 range for the barbecue. Now, we know (unless Boreal gets paved) renoscca won't be at Boreal this year on Aug. 30-31, and some people are looking for an alternate site. Possible places that are being looked at are the Fernley track, the airport at Lovelock, and the Furlong Ammunition base. I've heard that wherever it's held, the plans still call for holding the barbecue -- so, I'm wondering if this would be the venue to hold suggested show-n-shine as well? "They" could do the barbecuing and 'we' could hold the show-n-shine competition. You'd have a built-in audience.

Also, this would be a great way to add a category of Subaru participation for the SCCA WRX Incentive Program challenge (previous thread - http://www.seccs.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=232) - either in "Competition Events" or "Other Involvement". In the July monthly meeting (Wed., 6:30p Austin's restaurant) we are supposed to have this topic as an agenda item.

More ideas?
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote