Old 2010-04-15, 01:17 PM   #12
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPREZIV View Post
The G-35 is built on a 350z, stretched, and with a transfer case in the event of AWD. I could pull that car apart piece by piece, and reliably re-assemble it blindfolded. There's no way to get warranty coverage without going over the hill, but if your concern is simply having a mechanic who knows the car, you're covered dude.

As far as the platform overall, I've always liked the G, as a whole, more than ANY other Nissan vehicle currently in production. They're VERY reliable; well built. There seems to be better quality control with the Infiniti brand. I've personally seen a only little silly shit as far as frequent repairs go, (seat switches, the occasional fuel level sender...) but I've never seen one with a big dollar or catastrophic failure (engine, trans, etc.).

This may seem un-noteworthy since I work for Nissan and not Infiniti, but keep in mind that the first place local Infiniti owners go when they have a problem is HERE. I can see 3 of them right now sitting at my computer. An I30, a QX4, and a G35 coupe.
I never doubted you'd be able to handle anything that might come up on an Infiniti... I'm just looking for a way to make Infiniti to pay you for the work.

Thanks for the opinions folks... Lisa still needs to drive one, but for now it's at the top of her list. I'm actually thinking that if we don't have a local dealer, and the car is as reliable as I'm hearing, perhaps we should also look private party instead of insisting on a Certified Pre Owned. The AWD model seems hard to find used... buying private would expand the number out there.

One nice thing about no local Infiniti dealer... we won't have to pay tax on the car, since it'll be out of state or private party. I've been looking at the Beverton Oregon Infiniti dealer... they've got a bunch of G's and no local sales tax. Nothing like a 10 hour drive to get to know a new car.

In related news: anyone want to buy an '03 Saab 9-3 Arc, 70k miles, for the fire-sale price of $8,000? It's a ton of car for a retarded low price... as long as you're willing to work on it yourself if something breaks. I'm not. Not with two other cars I'm already wrenching on perpetually.