sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraluke View Post
Shockproof Light.
If I put the wrong fluid in, would it effect the clutch engagement? I would understand gear engagement but not clutch dissengagement.

Yes, i've bleed the clutch fluid. Wouldn't air cause a mushy clutch pedal? I don't have a soft pedal.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Like Juice said, hard engagement isn't necessarily due to the clutch. 1st and R are hard to get into in a brand new car... at least that was true of my WRX. If the gearbox is spinning at all, even from idling in neutral, when you go to put it in 1st or R, the synchros will need to do some work, and it can be stiff feeling if the fluid is cold.

As far as air in the lines, I'm not sure what it would feel like since I've never encountered it. Since the pedal is pushing a spring, I'm not sure that you'd be able to really feel air in the lines the way you can in the brakes. I just thought the air might just be enough slack to prevent the clutch from coming all the way disengaged... but you'd think there's enough tolerance with the pedal on the floor that even some air in the lines wouldn't prevent the clutch from coming all the way open. I'm just tossing ideas out there.