View Single Post
Old 2010-06-08, 02:34 PM   #60
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin M View Post
It is personal, for all of us. Everybody in this thread participating in the discussion is coming from his own personal viewpoint. Note that I didn't accuse anybody of personal attacks and I don't think I said anything that would be construed as such. I just think it's disingenuous for us to have a debate involving the details of religion, faith and dogma and pretend that we're not personally invested in our own parts of the discussion. So I say "you" and "I" because it's applicable. I don't think there's anything wrong with that as long as none of us is presuming to speak for others when we do it.
I construed it as such or I would not have said something.

When you quoted Joel, using "you" implies him personally and he has not "expected" you to do anything as far as I know, just shared his beliefs as you are. Your comments would not have had less value had they said 'anybody' in place of "you or anybody else" where appropriate IMHO.

I am just suggesting we stick to "anybody", "people" and such. Yes, Joel used "you", but in terms of asking an individual a question.

As we are on one of the topics you don't discuss at a dinner party, just suggesting we all to be mindful of our word choice.

Last edited by Dean; 2010-06-08 at 02:41 PM.