View Single Post
Old 2013-01-18, 11:29 AM   #56
KSpeed Auto
EJ22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecB#127 View Post
That is exactly where my thought process was going. One of the vendors I support on the legacygt.com site has a complete kit with the SMFW and clutch kit for my 06 for around $800 that I have been looking at. I just cannot believe that I have 85K on the original clutch that came with the car. Perhaps that is because in spite of all the posturing that I ever did when I bought the car, it turned into my daily instead of a mad-hi power-track-strip car.

I guess having 4 kids will do that to you
Tom, in order to compare our parts prices, we would need to know which kit are you referring to. Installation would take 3.5 hours, totaling $280.

Also, as Cody said, keep in mind that with customer supplied parts, we cannot offer a full warranty. In this case, we will warranty the installation but not the parts.

In order to get the best bang for your buck, a timing belt and water pump kit is your best bet. With your parts, you would pay $245 out the door. If we supplied parts (Gates timing belt and water pump kit, OE water pump gasket, coolant, OE thermostat and gasket) , the total would be $610.

We use the Gates timing belt and water pump kits, and do not recommend the "blue" belt, because it has a tendency to be too stiff, which will decrease horsepower. A full warranty will include parts and installation when we provide and install all the parts listed above. Note: we prefer the OE thermostat and gaskets, because they tend to have a much lower failure rate than the aftermarket ones.

Give us a call to schedule an appointment!
(775) 284-1011
kspeedauto@gmail.com

Check us out on Yelp.

Last edited by KSpeed Auto; 2013-01-18 at 11:31 AM.
KSpeed Auto is offline   Reply With Quote