View Single Post
Old 2010-12-28, 05:37 PM   #21
Dean
Seņor Cheap Bastarde

Car: $.04 STI
Class: Fast,Cheap & Reliable=STI

Deal, did somebody say Deal? Oh, Dean, yeah that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus91 View Post
Yea it's factory paint.. But the dirt got under the CB a few days ago and was ok. Then I noticed today it was worse and had also removed some paint. I plan on going in there. Just havent had time.
Let us know how it goes, but I bet Dex and Dexter will take care of you if it is remotely related to their work.

Which car is it on? Buy it new? Is clar coming off the color, clear/color coming off the primer or all 3 layers coming up so you have bare metal?

Not doubting you in any way, just surprised/interested.

Most of the Subaru paint I have seen is pretty well bonded to the primer and that pretty damn well to the car. My STI hood is pitted pretty bad and my WRX went through a F'ing sand storm and the pits never spread to the top color layer peeling from the primer or even the clear really coming up at all.

Would think the clear coat might pull off the color, but the color off the primer or primer off the metal just sounds weird for relatively new factory paint which I am assuming it is if you are bother to bra it.

OK, I am just rambling now... Again, just interested, not saying you are wrong, stupid or anything bad about you at all.

Last edited by Dean; 2010-12-28 at 05:45 PM.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote