View Single Post
Old 2005-11-14, 01:45 PM   #1
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through
Default It's our 3rd Anniversary!

This November is SECCS's 3rd anniversary! So happy anniversary everyone.

Also, congrats to the club, we've hit 300 members! Everyone say hi to norcalsvx!

Thanks to all for making our club a cool place to hang, both online and at the weekly meets.

I'm (slowly) working on getting that new hoodie designed, as well as getting a new batch of SECCS stickers in the works. Unfortunately, work's been busy so I haven't had the spare time I've had in past years, but we should be able to have hoodies and stickers before Xmas.

It's the off season right now, but next year should be interesting on the motorsports front. We've got the new Reno-Fernley track layout for next season, I think SECCS will definately have to put on an event there! Also, with the new boost rules in SCCA autocross and last season's novices moving into competition classes, we should have a great season of autocross next year as well! Plus, expect to see an expanded SCCA Solo Trials program next year, for those of you itching for 100mph+ cone dodging!

I'm thinking that a new meet location might be in order, to ring in the club's 4th year. I don't know about everyone, but as great as Bully's has been to us, I'm getting a bit tired of the food. If anyone's got any recomendations, let's hear 'em!

Finally, as the club expands, and we gain new members, I'm hoping to see some new people with new ideas step up into "leadership roles". Early on, we had people like MattR and I that took the time to organize pre-autocross donut runs, and install days, etc. Unfortunately, with our busier work schedules and deeper involvment in the SCCA, we haven't had the time to organize things for SECCS events as much as we used to. I'm hoping some of you newer members (and older members as well!) will have the initiative and time to organize more club events. Things like install days, or go-karts, or the pre-autocross 7am Krispe Kreme runs!

Thanks again to everyone for making SECCS the best car club in the Sierras!