View Single Post
Old 2004-12-08, 09:22 PM   #1
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP
Default Worst birthday ever.

Okay, so I wasn't really expecting surprise parties or anything, or cool presents dropping out of the sky on me, since I personally think birthday celebrations are over-rated. But I figure the least I could ask for is to have a pretty nice day where things go my way, right? Wrong. So I get to work this morning at 9, cause you know, that's when I show up. As I'm firing up my work station, I'm thinking "gee, it'schilly in here... weird..." So I pull my parka back on. A few minutes later I'm thinking "WTF? It's STILL cold in here..." Then, the kicker... a couple minutes later I start shivering. Violently. I feel my forehead and wonder if spontaneous combustion isn't a myth after all. So, I go to tell me temporary supervisor I need to go home. I volunteer to email myself some drawings so I can work some in the afternoon when I feel better. (Didn't happen.) So, he proceeds to spend 25 minutes Going over what he wanted me to get done today. Finally, I get out of the office after sending myself the emails. Of course, since my thought process is already breaking down by this point, I forget to grab the mark-ups I'm supposed to use to work today. So, on my way home I figure I'd better stop for some meds and OJ, and WalMart is on the way. Surprisingly, getting in and out of there quickly is relatively easy on wednesday mornings, but that didn't help the fact that by the time I got through the checkout (somehow managed to use self-checkout in my weakened state so as not to inflict this evilness on anyone else. On my way out the door though, I get so lightheaded that I actually have to stop and sit down on the bench by the door for fear of passing out. Now I'm wondering if I can even drive home. Luckily, after a minute or two, I felt a little more coherent and made it to the car. Drivign turns out to be pretty easy, since it's so less physically demanding than walking... I was able to stay alert enought not to miss any turns or pull into traffic or anything.
Back inside the house, I'm thinking "okay, take a really hot shower for like 2 hours, drink some OJ, and crash." Didn't happen. The simple act of undressing made me so lightheaded and dizzy I fell onto my bad. Then, it gets better. That's when I realize that I'm gonna hurl. Well, at least all I'd had to that ooint was a Pepsi and half a glass of OJ, so no big deal right?
At this point, dots are swimming before my eyes, so I sorta crawl/drag myself into my bed. Where I proceed to shiver violently some more before falling asleep, half an hour later, wondering when this will end. I slept on and off for about 6 1/2 hours, alternately waking up freezing or boiling and moving in the bed accordingly. About 6 I got up and took that long hot shower, and that seems to have helped a little. Went and grabbed some drive-thru food, but by the time I got back I had lost my appetite. That $5 ice-cold fountain soda sure is good though. Anyway, I've been napping on and off now since I got back, except for getting up to tell Matt the story in person (sorry dude, but I kept my distance. I blame the drugs. ). Now I'm actually kind of hoping that I don't break the fever until close to morning, becuae I've slept so much in the last 24 hours that if I'm suddenly healed, I won't be able to sleep, and that will throw me off for the rest of the week.

All of you just decided your day didn't suck that much after all eh?