Old 2006-03-18, 11:42 AM   #1
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"
Default Car Stereo Installs

Hello All,

yep i'm trying to pick your brains again for Info .

I'm wondering what stereo shops people recomend for really clean professional car audio work. I had my last system installed by Sound Solutionz and i was not 100% sastified. I didn't haggle over the price but it was a tad on the high side. paid $800 for a $250 subwoofer, wiring harness, power wire, ground, 3 Sets of shielded RCA's , other misc wires. I had a head unit installed, 2way component sets installed front and Back, a custom box made, amp racks , capacitor , distrobutition block. think that's everything

anyways The box they made me was a bit leaky , and the sides were not put together well (spaces in the wood work) They cracked something inside of my WRX stock 6-disc player (on the display) you could only see it with certain lighting conditions (didn't realize it until a few days after i put the stereo back to stock. and i'm pretty a very very small chip in my paint juts below the trunk was from them as well and they wouldn't own up to it when i was telling them i was fairly sure the car i had just bought a week ago didn't have that (it was about 1/4 the area of a pea maybe, very small)

Anyways Unique Sounds in Carson City has given me a good quote for a full install with custom box / amps mounted ($350 ish ) . I also checked area 51 audio, but a friend of mine had a really bad experiance there. (they also quoted the work at about $400 )
thanks

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote