View Single Post
Old 2005-02-02, 01:22 PM   #13
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Not bad Dean, but I have some issues.

RNP with a line through or sideways, or the actual letters "RNP" doesn't solve the issue in the software that leaves us scrambling to edit people right before a run group and running into conflict after conflict for people running the same number. I'd like to be able to list people with their normal number/class, but just tag their run as "no points". Idealy, this would be handled by a change to the scoring software, but we should be able to utilize the 1st character grouping feature that's already there, but use "*" instead of "r".

The deal with bumping Novice results to points results: if the Novice drivers are not properly classed, then who's to say they're in the propper class when they get bumped? Let's say some "novice" comes out with a Z-06 and runs some great times for 4 events. Then decides to finish their season in DS in a WRX... if we're not meticulous about keeping the novice's car/class they could be getting an unfair advantage. Of course that's a moot point if the novice class continues to require proper classing and not just an "N" on the side of the car.