Old 2009-01-09, 09:25 AM   #9
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPREZIV View Post
Yeah dude, I could type an entire page of bitching about working on older, greasy cars...

If it were me, I'd do the job in the car, unless you're *really* set on doing the rear main seal. (did we not to that when the trans. was out?) It's a squeeze, but with the right tools you can get to the valve covers without pulling the motor, or your hair, out.
Well shit... if we did the rear main (I can't remember) then I will just leave the motor in the car. On the other hand, if I should be doing the rear main, I might as well pull the motor and do the engine mounts we ended up not doing w/ the tranny swap as well.

How do we go about getting you to remember if you did the rear main? I remember you bitching about how heavy that tranny is... can you recall if after pulling that trashed tranny out, you swapped the rear main (probably from that box of Subaru seals you've got sitting around, 'cause I don't remember buying a rear main from the dealership) before dead-lifting the new tranny into place like a super-hero?