View Single Post
Old 2013-06-18, 11:00 AM   #7
GrimmSpeed
EJ22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody View Post
Interesting. I've always considered a TMIC unnecessary for my stage 2 setup (autocross, street and some track days).

You indicate that the pressure drop of the GS TMIC is around .1 to .2 psi.

"See" where? Is this referring to one of the graphs?

What's the pressure drop on the stock unit?

It seems like the implication is that the lower pressure drop on the GS unit will allow more power (with tuning) by benefiting the efficiency of the flow and cooling through the TMIC. Any benefit to spool?
Good catch, my pressure drop chart must not have made the cut in the product description. It's a good one though, so I'll get that fixed. For now, I've attached it to this post. The pressure drop is shown as a trend line, as there's a ton of noise in the data. The data does, however, stay between .1 and .2psi.

You're analysis is correct. One thing to keep in mind with any larger TMIC is that the increased thermal mass in the engine bay does mean that it holds more heat when your car is just sitting. Proper management of the heat in your engine bay (heat wrap, heat shields, turbo blankets, thermal coatings, etc) can minimize those issues, though. On a stage 2 car, you can definitely expect to see more consistent post-IC temps and more resistance to heat soak while the car's moving.

Matt Beenen
Engineering
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deltap.png
Views:	146
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	6682  

GrimmSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote