Thread: Local Tuner
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-27, 10:53 AM   #3
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiWRX08 View Post
Hey guys. I bought a used WRX 08 not too long ago and I'm fairly new to the area, living in Reno. Looking to get a tune. However, I can't seem to get a tune scheduled in the area. I heard Ed in Fairfield is good, but I'm trying to avoid the 3 hour drive. Any recommendations on tuners around here?

I searched the forum but didn't find anything. Thanks for any and all help.
Ed of EQTuning is worth the drive. He's very familiar with high elevation cars too. He used to go up to Reno to tune a bunch of cars on the weekend and then offer them a free checkup in Fairfield. This experience helped him to ensure that his tunes are good at elevation and sea level.

There's a local (to Reno) guy named Cory that tunes for EQTuning too, not sure if he's still in Reno. I think he said he was moving to Fairfield to work for Ed in a recent thread? I forget his SN on here. It's something like Mayhem Tuning I think. No experience with him though.

FWIW, I've got 160K miles on my car, 100K+ with a stage II tune from Ed, and I've been autocrossing every year for 8 or 9 years now, and a few track days. Car still runs great on the original motor.