View Single Post
Old 2011-01-06, 10:34 PM   #8
supraluke
EJ18

Car: 2007 Subaru WRB STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
That is a 4 long-2 header with a 2-1 up-pipe mostly ELH. Isn't yours a short path ULH with a single crossover, single up-pipe? Completely different design and expansion characteristics if it is.

You would rather have a flex fail than a weld and Summit may have a better designed Flex than what you had. What diameter tubing?

You could also fab a slide sleeve inside a flex to maximize life if you can't find one of a similarly sturdy design.
My APS equal lengh header is designed exactly like the one above with the 4 long-2 and 2-1 up-pipe except I have a flex section in each of the two straight sections (staggered).

http://www.airpowersystems.com/wrx/a...02/headers.htm

I figured full-race didn't use the flex's and APS got rid off the flex section's in their updated design that not having the flex sections might be better than having them. The ID of the tubing is 1-7/8" which i think is larger than most. Summit sells 1.75" ID flex (which is too small) and 2" ID flex (which might be too big). I really hate this header considering how well it's held up (2 welds have already been repaired) compared to how much I original paid for this "high quality part" I hate to just give up on it and throw it away and buy another.

Last edited by supraluke; 2011-01-06 at 10:59 PM.
supraluke is offline   Reply With Quote