View Single Post
Old 2003-11-27, 09:47 PM   #6
MikeSTI
EJ205

Car: 2004 STi
Class: TSM

I can't complain

I am by no means a car expert.....but the car looks like it needs a lot of work :? How much did he want? Because I dont think he will be selling it any time soon. I might make him an offer if you really want the car but I would start low and see what happens. He wasnt honest with you about the rust and that makes a difference in your decission and your offer. Was he the original owner? Is the title clean? If he is not the original owner even if it has a clear title it might have been in an accedent and not disclosed. I dont think I've seen that much rust on a car that hasn't been stored at a body shop for long amount of time or atleast sat outside unmantained..... which kind of makes me think he will sell cheap. The car to him wasn't part of the family so to speak and there is no personal attachment to the owner. I hope this helps atleast in to determain how much you are willing to spend on the car but again I'm not an expert and I could be talking out my A**. Ohhh and it might just be me but that looks like a lot of oil in pick 134?

P.S. - even if you go with this one or another car I think you will have lots of fun in it