View Single Post
Old 2006-11-02, 01:13 PM   #49
Libila
EJ205

Car: '94 L

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp00ln
Ha, I realize this. Does he plan to buy a car in the U.S. and ship it back to Germany? If so, why? Why not buy a car in Germany (which I realize you have) and wait until you get back to the states to buy a car. Also, if you do plan on buying here and shipping it, will it be legal in Germany? Finally, have you been viewing those Mustang Cobra commercials on youtube or something, Tim? Is that what's inspiring you?

I'm just having a hard time connecting the dots here on why he would want to buy a car state side when he could just get the same car for about the same price in Germany.
Here is the deal Ryan:

The military will ship a car free of charge from the states as long as it's one year before my scheduled duty station change, assuming I don't extend. I plan on either extending or going to Okinawa once my time is up here. I'm going to stay overseas as long as the military is paying for it, and I'm getting out once my four years are up. With that being said, I don't plan on coming back to the states to live for another 3.2 years. Lastly, yes, US spec vehicles are legal here.

I have been fighting off the urge to buy a Mustang since my new-found best friend is the smartest and coolest Mustang owner ever...

I have been tossing the idea around of buying an older WRX or Evo over here and then selling it once my time is up.
Libila is offline   Reply With Quote