View Single Post
Old 2010-06-08, 01:18 PM   #56
Kevin M
EJ22T

Car: '93/'01 GF6, mostly red
Class: 19 FP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice View Post
You find it unfortunate that some people think there is more to life than +/-70 years and then getting sick and dying?
We find it unfortunate when those people want to control others to behave in the ways dictated by their understanding of God and faith. That's all.

The vast majority of agnostics and atheists agree that western religions, for the most part, espouse values that are a great idea for most people to live by as a personal code. Speaking personally, the teachings attributed to Jesus are a great guide to living a happy life. But I don't need you or anybody else who believes in God and the Bible as you do expecting me to adhere to said code when it goes against the conclusions I've reached. It doesn't bother me at all if you or anyone else believes God will punish people for being gay or anything else that the Bible claims is a sin. It does bother me when you or anybody else wants to prevent me or anyone else from acting however I or we wish to, when it doesn't negatively impact you in any way.