Old 2008-04-03, 08:07 PM   #1109
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highdesertsuby View Post
Hey guys, I finally made it out to a thursday meet...and something kinda weird happened. I know I'm a new guy to the group, and I know you all saw me drive up, and I also realize that you were getting ready to head in to eat...but why is it that the only people who bothered to say Hi to me was Cory (who I already know) and another guy who's name I don't know? First impressions count, and I feel like my wife and I pretty much got ignored. Now I'm hoping this was just an oversight because I know Subaru people are pretty friendly, but come on...it would have been nice to have a couple of people say something like "Hey, how are you? My name is...Welcome to the Subaru fan club." or something like that. Anyway, I guess I just expected a bit more of a welcome than what I actually got.
So I guess we can try this again...I might come out to the autoX this weekend to watch my favorate cars go fast.
Yeah, we all got inside and were wondering where you were so we could meet you.

Remember, we meet like 40 or 50 new people every year. Many of them are intimidated by a bunch of new people, or are just there to check the club out and aren't interested in meeting a ton of new people all at once. In general we don't swarm new people, usually one or two people say hi and introduce the new person to everyone else based on their reaction.

This of it this way: Cory was your interview and gave you a job offer, and you went home instead of showing up to work. Inside we were asking Cory if you were coming in, and he said you told him you were, and we were all confused as to what went down.