Old 2010-08-16, 01:38 PM   #8
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus91 View Post
Thanks for the help scott. haha God, how I hate still being a n00b at this crap! I'll update my thread in the tech section with what i find out and what happens
Well, it used to be a lot easier... then in '06 they changed the ratios on everything.

Your best bet is to get the number off the gearbox itself and get one of the gurus at NASIOC to cross-reference it and let you know exactly what you've got. They will probably also know what's already in the back of the TR.

Ironically, I'm starting to think that you may have a 3.90 R160 back there and will end up needing a 3.545, which is exactly the opposite problem everyone normally has, assuming the '06 WRX 5MT switched to a 1:1 center diff the same time the STi switched to the 1:1.1 center. If that's the case though, I've got a spare non-LSD 3.545 R160 in my garage I'll can sell you for like $50. You can swap the LSD carrier into it from your current diff and be up and running w/ a LSD pretty quick without having to search forever for a complete diff.

But I don't know for sure what ratios come on which cars unless we're talking about '02-'05, since those are the only years I have direct experience with.