Thread: iRacing.com
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-20, 09:35 AM   #10
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Last night, I ran another Seca race and was able to finally get my SR up over 3.0 making me eligible for a road-racing license promotion starting Feb 1, so I decided to see if I can't get my oval racing SR up over 3.0 as well by running a short track Legends race.

I've forgotten how much fun the roundy-round stuff is! It's so much lower stress compared to running the road course races, you can just settle in and crank out decent laps, then push for a bit and catch up to people. People actually had time to bullshit over the radio the whole race... at the road courses, getting every turn right feels like life or death... at the oval, it's more relaxed by a lot. Also, the guys there were very aware about letting faster cars by cleanly, even if it's for position.

Plus there are a ton of people in the races. The race I ran at 10pm last night had 31 people signed up (though they broke it into 3 races to keep the races with less than 12 people each for rookie racing) so there's a ton of competition out there. The best part was that even though it was a rookie race, it was actually about as clean as the league races I used to run back in the NASCAR Racing online era (which was more than 10 years ago now! Holy crap!).

Anyway... I'm actually looking forward to running more oval track races. It's like a flashback to when I was a NASCAR fan. Austin... I know you're probably acting your age these days more than I am, what with the kid and all, but you'd get a huge kick out of running the oval tracks in iRacing.