Thread: Sperry Can Weld
View Single Post
Old 2010-08-04, 08:11 AM   #5
cody
Candy Mountain

Car: 03 Pussy Wagon, now with more pink!
Class: TESP

OMG Internet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Dude, that thing is totally pro looking now that it's painted! Semi-gloss black was definitely the right choice! I'm gonna have to paint mine now.

Rumor is the Ace Hardware in Sparks has the plastic insert caps for 1" square tube. A couple or 8 of those would totally finish that thing. Plus perhaps some plain old stick-on rubber feet... not for the bottom... but for the back of the pedals so they don't scratch up the nice paint job, and so you protect the cord coming out the back.

Also, have you played anything with it yet? How's it work?
IIRC, I actually ended up grabbing flat black, but I could be wrong. I know I was going back and forth between the two.

The paint job came out okay considering my lack of experience. One can was definitely cutting it close. The automotive primer seemed to work well. The surface is a little rough, probably from holding the sprayer too far from the surface while painting, but I'm totally happy with it.

I actually grabbed two of those endcaps from Ace on Virginia (just South of downtown) along with the missing wing nut yesterday. I put them down by the pedals, which is the only spot they'd be visible. Good call on the rubber feet. I think I have some actually.

It works great. I played a little Dirt 2 and some NFS Shift.

It's super comfy. I think we got it set perfect for me. A smaller person would probably want to shorten both the length (though that may not be necessary since the seat slider works great) and height but it's perfect for me.

Last edited by cody; 2010-08-04 at 08:16 AM.
cody is offline   Reply With Quote