View Single Post
Old 2009-04-28, 08:48 PM   #8
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

Rotating the existing brake lines. ... Nope i hadn't thought of that I'll check that out when i replace the lines. I don't really feel comfortable keeping the existing worn lines in there. and new lines are like 125$ shipped. Any harm in wrapping new Steel braided lines in something , just in case they rub?

Currently i'm on Napa true value brake pads and Shoes I was using Wilwood 570 fluid, but i managed to turn that really dark. I know my pads suck but before my rally coil overs the car was super tight and i didn't want to kill my ability to LFB+Gas to lock up the rears. My big issue is finding Shoes for the rear.

Yes they are mono tube Inverted Struts (how did you know?) cool so that should be a minor / easy fix for them?

could i just hit a sample of the lexan with a hammer for any sort of test

LSD, According to my Subaru Service Manual the FWD and AWD use the exact same Front Diff.

But they are splined slightly different where the half shafts connect. ( i have both styles of half shafts already, and they have the same spline where they connect to your spindle assemblies) , I've also read that the old L 5 speed, Interchanges with a WRX. I know the same half shafts fit in (Ansel has a wrx 5 speed lying around at his house) We were planning on opening up his 5speed, and my spare FWD 5speed to ensure the front diffs do indeed swap, but we haven't yet. My spare tranny is from a 94, and has the exact same output splines for the half shaft as a AWD 94L, or a 2005 WRX for that matter. (the half shafts interchange!)

Free Muffler! Hell yeah please i'll trade you either a 6pack or my cherry bomb. is that muffler 2" In ? my cherry bomb is just too damn loud, it makes my ears ring a lil bit and i haven't bought a com system yet....

when my car is Acting like its hitting a rev limiter , its not i think its fuel cut off i just describe it that way.. when its doing it in gear if you clutch kick it , it usually revs to red line and you can murder the clutch to avoid the rpm range where it won't run to drive forward (didn't want to block traffic)

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote