View Single Post
Old 2008-10-21, 10:17 AM   #156
JonnydaJibba
EJ207

Car: 2000 2.5RS
Class: RestNPeace

Master Slurper.

Thanks for the tips! Um, so let's start with what I do know and have done.

Our network is secured. So that's a start. I know I'm on our network, I set it up (which in my case means followed the instructions included with the router). As for the port forwarding for the xbox, it doesn't matter, both comp and xbox are slow. It's not related to them downloading stuff because I only have one roommate who does, and then its just temp stuff like youtube. The connection sucks even when hes not doing shit.

Dean what do you mean about channels? And what is this 801.11b or whatever? I know I've seen that somewhere when messing with this shit.

Cody, I dunno how to turn on WPA? Maybe I do. Is that where I log into the router settings and select WPA as the security setting? Also I don't remember what QoS is... Also also, whenever I let the router and modem power cycle, I have to go into the Lyksis router set up and "repair" it. But regardless of doing that, these issues still happen.

Also, maybe this will help. Sometimes the connection seems like it can't stay connected. Like it will go back and forth from online to offline alternating like every minute. Also, sometimes I'll be browsing and then my connection will just quit. So then I right click on the little monitor with the red x showing no signal, and click "repair." Then after it disables my wireless card and renews ip and all that, I have a fine connection again. Until it decides to happen again. I'm really thinking that the issue is with my connection and what the router is doing with me.

The only reason the router is "attached" to my roomies comp is cuz they don't like wires and wanted wireless. Which I told them was stupid because my Xbox won't go online with this router without a cable. Fuckin idiots.

And 4) my roommates are cool, just fucking gay and ig'nant about certain shit. And even then it's not roommates so much as one of them.

Does this have anything to do with signal strength?

Last edited by JonnydaJibba; 2008-10-21 at 10:24 AM.
JonnydaJibba is offline   Reply With Quote