View Single Post
Old 2013-06-18, 12:07 PM   #43
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

If the stock thermostat is 175 ish and you have a 160, but your car runs at 195 normally... why even have a thermostat in there? sure it speeds up your warm up time. but it sounds like your car will warm up fast enough with out it .

I would figure the added flow of not having a thermostat would be much better than any of the down sides. unless you are worried about having the heat working in the winter while driving to work to something

does running no thermostat cause too much water flow? take a busted one and drill out the center ?

since you do mostly track, how about a water sprayer for your radiator / Intercooler? Its cheap and affective. (spraying for 1 lap will take my car take my car from running hot, to running a normal temp) and carrying enough water for 20 minutes of spray wouldn't be an insane amount of weight. with a full stock tank i think i get about 10-15 minutes of spray time and i believe that's just 1 gallon. (or 8 pounds) You could probably find an inexpensive timer to do on/off cycles

Honestly you could buy a used kit from someone buy a little bit of extra hosing to run it to your front mount and try it. if it doesn't help at all you coudl sell it for the same price. making the finicial risk very low (much cheaper than going to a V-dam setup)

A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote