View Single Post
Old 2006-11-01, 08:22 PM   #32
sp00ln
EJ205

Scott, your description of how politicians are nothing but people that cant make it in the private sector reminds me of my dad’s rants last week about who he's going to vote for this election Good job. However, wasn't Bush Jr. quite successful in the private sector?

Also, while you're disappointed in the Republicans, the Democrats would have done the same thing. It's politics. It's the way the world works. Perhaps if you really wanted to make a change, try to lead the media into not blowing everything out of proportion.

Everyone makes mistakes, and perhaps when you're president one day you will as well. The problem here is is that people are too damn lazy to really figure out what issues need to be dealt with and how we need to deal with them.; no one has a real interest. So, what do our parties do to gain power in the government - choose figure heads who will appeal to the most people/electoral votes; idiot or not. Even with that being said, is Bush really running the country? I guess I’m optimistic: I believe he’s not. I assume to believe that the people that are pulling his strings are decent people, which are paid decent wages to be string pullers of the President. Yes, they join a political side so they can pull strings in their favor, but who wouldn’t pull strings to benefit themselves? These string pullers, I believe, are educated people making the best decisions that they can for the benefit of our country. No one can read the future. People and countries do make mistakes, and we should, and are, trying to make the best of those mistakes.

/rant

Last edited by sp00ln; 2006-11-01 at 08:25 PM.
sp00ln is offline   Reply With Quote