View Single Post
Old 2006-11-02, 10:20 AM   #40
AtomicLabMonkey
Nightwalker

Car: '13 WRX

YGBSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
What I know is that there is an element in our government that is guiding both forign and domestic policy that I didn't vote for. And not because I voted for the other people and lost, but becuase these people hold no elected offices. Do I blame Bush personally for our global situation? No I don't, I don't think he's capable (and I mean that from a checks and balances perspective, not a "he's too dumb" perspective) of doing the things that have been done.
Unfortunately that's the way it is in DC these days, on both sides of the aisle. Most research for policy and new legislation is done through all the partisan/special interest think tanks, instead of the non-partisan sources available to Congress. The same people who have worked in that town for decades just rotate in and out of government, think-tanks & policy institutes, and lobbying jobs. It's all blended into the same thing. I hope a giant flaming ball of poo descends from space someday and obliterates the whole place. Except for the national mall, that's pretty nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Now I'm not a conspiracy theorists type, but I don't believe that 9/11 could have happened w/o "inside" assistance. And the only people in America that would have benefitted from a massive terrorist attack were the New American Century folks. <can of worms>

Now you're getting out in left field...

...what are you, a Communist?