Old 2006-11-02, 10:49 AM   #44
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLabMonkey
Unfortunately that's the way it is in DC these days, on both sides of the aisle. Most research for policy and new legislation is done through all the partisan/special interest think tanks, instead of the non-partisan sources available to Congress. The same people who have worked in that town for decades just rotate in and out of government, think-tanks & policy institutes, and lobbying jobs. It's all blended into the same thing. I hope a giant flaming ball of poo descends from space someday and obliterates the whole place. Except for the national mall, that's pretty nice.

Now you're getting out in left field...

...what are you, a Communist?
All I know is that some planes crashed into the WTC, then when they collapsed, it took <10 seconds for them to hit the ground. The laws of physics make the official scenario of "fire weakened the structure causing a chain reaction collapse" impossible, and the official report even acknowledges that fact, yet no one's trying to actually explain what really happened.

I don't think you have to be a rightwing crazy to want an answer that doesn't defy the laws of physics. 9/11 may have been the most important single event that will shape the world for the next 100 years... much like the assination of Archduke Ferdinand in 1914 triggered the chain of events that resulted in WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and the Cold War. I think we should know what really went down on Sept. 11, 2001.