Old 2007-04-16, 01:12 PM   #5
sperry
The Doink

Car: '09 OBXT, '02 WRX, '96 Miata
Class: PDX/TT-6

The way out is through

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyS View Post
Man, that's not good. How does someone get that many rounds off, from handguns, and not get tackled? I guess we'll see what happened eventually, maybe some potential victims took him down in the end....

The political fallout wont be pleasant either. Didn't they tell him that guns are illegal on campus?
Apparently in '05/'06 there was a big hoopla at the VT campus over a guy w/ a CCW getting in trouble for legally bringing a handgun to class. In Jan '06 VT made guns on campus illegal, even for registered CCW people. There will certainly be a lot of discussion about this when the dust settles over this incident.

The other issue, the dorm shooting happened like 2 hours before the classroom shooting... and yet all those people we unaware that there was a gun-man on the loose on campus, putting them in harms way.

And I can imagine if someone walks into an unsuspecting classroom w/ a pair of handguns and a vest full of spare clips he'll be able to kill a lot of people w/o being tackled. In fact the rumors are that at some point he was locked outside the room, but shot through the door into the room.