Old 2010-06-10, 05:54 PM   #91
bigrobwoot
EJ251

Car: 2019 CBS WRX Premium
Class: Middle

Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss, you'll still be among the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100_Percent_Juice View Post
But when it touches on scientific matters, it is accurate.
Except the part where we were created and didn't evolve, and the part where Earth is the only place in the universe with life on it, and it's accounts of how old the universe is.

I know life hasn't been found yet, but i believe it is just a matter of time. Scientists believe that there could be life just under the surface of Mars that used to be more active a long time ago. A show I was watching on Discovery was basically saying that Mars is our past, and Venus is our future. They were referring to a timeline of millions of years, but they were saying that our orbits are (very slowly) moving in toward the sun. This makes sense conceptually, if you think about it. Although there is no friction in the vacuum of space, there are still particles floating that will eventually slow down the orbit of a planet, causing it to fall in toward the object it is orbiting.

Joel (or anyone, he just seems to be making the majority of the statements on the religious side), do you believe that people and dinosaurs were on the planet at the same time? Do you believe that the earth is only thousands of years old, not billions?