View Single Post
Old 2011-03-17, 01:56 PM   #20
A1337STI
EJ205

Car: Impreza and an Impreza
Class: AS / CRS PerfStock

"pedal on the right"

You wrote PDX is safer and easier on cars than rally cross.

You're wrong.

really end of story. i can dig up stats, or Insurance costs to put on events, but you won't change your opinion or what you post. so there's no point. but here's a few examples for others to benefit from : one , two, and three

that last one is my favorite because it really applies here. He was autocrossing for a few years, decided to try a Track day, made a mistake and had bad luck (but on a race track @ high speeds) and totaled his car.

There was a recent roll over at a rally cross this year. again he made a mistake and had bad luck No Injuries, and a broken head light, broken rally lights, bent up fenders, broken hood scoop. car drives perfectly fine, a much better situation than any of those 3 "track accidents".

Autocross is easier on cars then rally cross, But its more dangerous for the course workers. (speeds are higher)
but yes you are more likely to roll your car in a rally cross compared to autocross, I've never said otherwise.

bottom Line racing your car increases your chances of breaking it. I wouldn't take a car to the race track if i couldn't afford to be with out it.
I wouldn't take a car to a rally cross if i couldn't afford a spare tire
I would risk taking my car to an autocross if i couldn't afford anything, but its a risk.

and now back to Autocross chat , in the autocross thread.

------------------------

I got an other offer to sell me some used Hoosiers for way to cheap ($80 a set) but they are like 3 years old and rather worthless if you want to win ... But for the cost savings i'm thinking about it.

Last edited by A1337STI; 2011-03-17 at 02:37 PM.
A1337STI is offline   Reply With Quote