View Single Post
Old 2010-09-14, 03:39 PM   #1
rory_a
EJ251

Car: Miata, shit.
Class: Out Classed

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!
Default New Member....

Not sure if this is the correct place for this type of thread, but I thought I'd follow tradition on other forums - post up an introduction.

So, I'm Rory, and rory_a on all the typical forums.

Purchased my first Subaru in July - a '07 WRB WRX Wagon.

No mods so far other than a set of tires - RE070s, with Rota G Force in 17x7.5, flat black. Also, I was experiencing some power surging under acceleration, so IVM dropped in a Walbro. I think I need to replace the additional in-tank filter as well.

Only other mod so far is the car's wrapped to promote my business. I did a rally-inspired vinyl graphic job with glamo-camo and the works. Unfortunately, I've been getting way too much bad attention so it'll be de-graphiced before long. I swear I get at least a half a dozen fingers a day, let alone the ricers trying to race me. So, going back to the basic "blue family wagon" look.

Planning on mild mods to get the suspension a bit better dialed - springs and struts, sways, endlinks, strut bars, some bushings, etc. Also a K&N and exhaust I think.

Plans include some autocrossing, and didn't realize the class/category structure til it was too late - I've put my stock car into Street Prepared with the wheel/tire swap. So, time to do a few other mods to back it up and solidify my placement in that category.

I'm looking forward to my first-ever auto-x October 2-3, and hoping to learn quite a bit before next season so I can hit the ground running with a proper set up.

Anyway, the boys at Infinite Velocity told me to look you guys up after I asked about autocrossing, and I'm glad I did. Good to see a local community around, and a healthy one at that.
rory_a is offline   Reply With Quote