View Single Post
Old 2010-09-14, 04:38 PM   #4
rory_a
EJ251

Car: Miata, shit.
Class: Out Classed

NOW WITH 100% LESS STI!

Thanks guys!

Yeah the car isn't hiding anything right now - I set out for an eye catcher, and succeeded But, it also turned into a bird catcher so I think it needs to be subdued a bit. Probably something basic and only flat black... the glamo camo and numbers went a bit too far I guess. Definitely too much for a daily heading to work at a company other than what it's advertising (I work at Eternal across from IVM).

I read enough of the SCCA rule books to figure I screwed myself into the Street Prepared category with a stock car because of the tires. But, I figure run it like it is, hit up what I can of the remainder of the season, collect suspension parts over the winter and when the snow clears up a bit do work. That way at least I'd have a stock car through its first winter with me.

The novice classification was what made me decide to run it as it is the rest of the season - run less than half the season as a novice, you can still run the whole next season as a novice. I was unsure of the size of Reno's Solo 2 group, so wasn't sure what I'd find regarding novice support, but figured the nice people at events would show me the ropes

Again, thanks for the welcome guys. Gonna try to make it out to one of your weekly meets as well if they're still happening. Gave up on the local VW scene when I lost interest in those cars, but feel left out without the group.
rory_a is offline   Reply With Quote