View Single Post
Old 2011-06-27, 09:34 AM   #104
dknv
EJ207

Car: RX-8
Class: CS maybe

Winnemucca was quite the experience. Congrats to all of SECCS' fast drivers!

Some misunderstandings & communication snafus came up throughout the weekend. The biggie from Saturday was that the airport gave us permission to use a taxiway and parking pad area, however, on Saturday morning the BLM crew (who had been away fighting fires) returned to Winnemucca airport and needed exclusive access to part of the area that was used for the course (and on which run group 1 had already run). The net result was that we had to clear their area, and had to reconfigure a new course for run groups 2 & 3. I know Dave Deborde is eternally thankful to those people who helped him through that huge challenge. So, Saturday results could not be fairly factored in for the challenge results.

Another item was with respect to how the Challenge results were scored. In a nutshell, we scored all points class drivers from both regions based on raw time only, then averaged that time. I'm super glad Reno had some FAST drivers with FAST times (John Townley, Matt, Kevin, Kevin, Cody, Silvio, Vic, Bryan Nelson) - who all helped to raise Reno's average.

In the end, Snake River won the Challenge event with a small number of fast drivers in fast cars. But I know at least one SECCS and probably more drivers who will be happy with the Reno Region pax points from Sunday's results.

As is typical with an event at places like Winnemucca, Lovelock and Hawthorne, there were a good number of drivers off in the dirt, who will likely be finding little rocks & dirt in the crevices of their cars for a good while. I'll just say, it's a good thing Vic won a Car Care/Cleaning kit at Saturday night's banquet! And you all should also ask Matt about his 'big tips'. lol.
dknv is offline   Reply With Quote